by Stan Baily
There are 5 things you can do to keep your pet happy and healthy. These five tips will help your pet love you even more and will keep them happy for the rest of their lives.
It does not matter if your pet is a cat, dog, horse or whatever, these tips will help you have a happy pet.
1. Lots of love – Your pet needs a lot of love, affection and attention from you. Spend time with your pet, just like you get to know your friends or pets, your pet will get to know you. This is even true about fish so it will work with your mammal. Once they know you and trust you they will be even happier.
2. Feed them well – Just like humans, the key to a pets heart is through their mouth. Do not just assume that because its an animal they do not have food preferences. Mix up their diet, give them treats and snacks and most of all do not feed them low quality food. Your pet will thank you and be happier and healthier than ever.
3. Outside and Inside Time – This may not work for all pets (ie. do not bring your horse inside the house) but if you keep an outside pet, invite them in every now and then. If your pet stays inside with you be sure to take them outside to play. Animals were born to be outside, so let them out to get some fresh air and watch their heart smile.
4. Toys and Treats – Animals love to play. Watch a nature show and you will see that almost every animal and pet has a fun playful side to them. Toys, treats and other special things for your pet can make them know you care and will make them happy. A cat loves to climb and chase feathers, a dog loves chew toys, bones and playing fetch, a horse loves being ridden or walked or just petted and brushed.
5. A companion – This is another one that may be pet specific, but a companion could be a perfect thing to make your pet happy. If you have a cat, get another cat. Same thing with a dog. Sometimes animals of a different species can be best buddies. Another great companion is a human.
If your cat or dog is gentle and you have a new baby on the way, that could make your pet extremely happy. Some animals have a parenting instinct that kicks in even when around human babies and you could see a different side to your pet.
There you have it, 5 easy to implement tips that can make your pet happier than ever. Take the time to be sure your pet is happy and healthy, you and your pet will never regret it.
Stan Baily has three dogs of his own, Max, Molly and Marty. He suggests caring for your pet and saving money at the same time with 1800Petmeds Coupon Codes.