Raleigh, NC, January 30, 2013 –(PR.com)– The North Carolina Veterinary Medical Association (www.ncvma.org) has announced the release of a podcast discussing the adoption and handling of rescue pets. Dr. Chessie Green, D.V.M., a veterinarian at Falls Village Veterinary Hospital in Raleigh and immediate past president of NCVMA, provides advice on proper adoption procedures and care of rescue pets. She discusses ways to ensure that new owners receive the correct medical history for their rescue pet, as well as what further medical steps an owner should take after adoption. In the podcast, Dr. Green identifies the major differences between adopting a rescue pet and buying one from a breeder. She includes explanations of psychological problems often faced by rescue pets and how owners can help pets overcome these challenges. The podcast is available to download.
Popular Posts . . .
- 3 Quick Tips for Building a Doghouse
- New Dating App for Dog Lovers to Find Love
- Ways To Dog-Proof Your Home Before Adopting
- Is Holistic Health Essential for Your Pet?
- What To Know Before Getting a Horse
- Must-Have Fashion Accessories for Dogs
- How Veterinarians Can Expand Their Practices
- How To Keep Chickens as Family Pets