Raleigh, NC, January 30, 2013 –(PR.com)– The North Carolina Veterinary Medical Association (www.ncvma.org) has announced the release of a podcast discussing the adoption and handling of rescue pets. Dr. Chessie Green, D.V.M., a veterinarian at Falls Village Veterinary Hospital in Raleigh and immediate past president of NCVMA, provides advice on proper adoption procedures and care of rescue pets. She discusses ways to ensure that new owners receive the correct medical history for their rescue pet, as well as what further medical steps an owner should take after adoption. In the podcast, Dr. Green identifies the major differences between adopting a rescue pet and buying one from a breeder. She includes explanations of psychological problems often faced by rescue pets and how owners can help pets overcome these challenges. The podcast is available to download.
Popular Posts . . .
- Is Medication the Answer to Helping Your Overweight Dog Lose Weight?
- Why Owning a Dog Is Great for Your Health
- 10 Ways Dogs Are Telling You They Care
- Bringing Man’s Best Friend For a Night Out
- How Man’s Best Friend Is Really Man’s Best Advisor
- Give Your Pet a Comfortable Life Without Going Bankrupt
- 6 Tips to Help You Socialize Your New Dog
- Everything You Need to Know Before Buying and Administering Vetmedin for Dogs