Raleigh, NC, January 30, 2013 –(PR.com)– The North Carolina Veterinary Medical Association (www.ncvma.org) has announced the release of a podcast discussing the adoption and handling of rescue pets. Dr. Chessie Green, D.V.M., a veterinarian at Falls Village Veterinary Hospital in Raleigh and immediate past president of NCVMA, provides advice on proper adoption procedures and care of rescue pets. She discusses ways to ensure that new owners receive the correct medical history for their rescue pet, as well as what further medical steps an owner should take after adoption. In the podcast, Dr. Green identifies the major differences between adopting a rescue pet and buying one from a breeder. She includes explanations of psychological problems often faced by rescue pets and how owners can help pets overcome these challenges. The podcast is available to download.
Popular Posts . . .
- How Pet Owners Can Allergy-Proof Their Homes
- Getting to Know Your Pet from Head to Tail
- The Numerous Benefits of Pets & Therapy Animals in the Classroom
- Why Pets Need Their Own Room in Your House
- How to Help a Choking Dog
- How to Feed Your German Shepherd Puppy
- Is Homeopathy Safe for Pets?
- The Zen of Furry Friends: Finding the Pet That’s Right for You