Raleigh, NC, January 30, 2013 –(PR.com)– The North Carolina Veterinary Medical Association (www.ncvma.org) has announced the release of a podcast discussing the adoption and handling of rescue pets. Dr. Chessie Green, D.V.M., a veterinarian at Falls Village Veterinary Hospital in Raleigh and immediate past president of NCVMA, provides advice on proper adoption procedures and care of rescue pets. She discusses ways to ensure that new owners receive the correct medical history for their rescue pet, as well as what further medical steps an owner should take after adoption. In the podcast, Dr. Green identifies the major differences between adopting a rescue pet and buying one from a breeder. She includes explanations of psychological problems often faced by rescue pets and how owners can help pets overcome these challenges. The podcast is available to download.
Popular Posts . . .
- 7 Dog Training Methods: What Works (and What Doesn’t)
- How Can Omega 3 Fatty Acids Improve Your Dog’s Health?
- How To Create The Best Habitat for Your Leopard Gecko
- Car Travel with Your Dog: Essential Tips and Advice for Safety and Security
- The Most Popular Dog Breed in YOUR State
- Tips for Taking Your Dog to the Beach
- How Can Having a Dog Boost Your Mental Health?
- How to Treat a Dog Bite to Avoid Infections