Raleigh, NC, January 30, 2013 –(PR.com)– The North Carolina Veterinary Medical Association (www.ncvma.org) has announced the release of a podcast discussing the adoption and handling of rescue pets. Dr. Chessie Green, D.V.M., a veterinarian at Falls Village Veterinary Hospital in Raleigh and immediate past president of NCVMA, provides advice on proper adoption procedures and care of rescue pets. She discusses ways to ensure that new owners receive the correct medical history for their rescue pet, as well as what further medical steps an owner should take after adoption. In the podcast, Dr. Green identifies the major differences between adopting a rescue pet and buying one from a breeder. She includes explanations of psychological problems often faced by rescue pets and how owners can help pets overcome these challenges. The podcast is available to download.
Popular Posts . . .
- The First-Ever Horror Movie For Cats Premieres Friday
- Saving on Expensive Pet Costs
- Dress Up Your Pet with Frightfully Fun New PetSmart® Halloween Costumes
- ASPCA Assists Nearly 200 Animals Impacted by Hurricane Laura
- 4 Things To Know Before Treating Your Dog With CBD Oil
- The 3 Most Popular Doodle Dogs (2020)
- Helping America’s Rescue Dogs
- 5 Best Medicinal Herbs for Dogs