Senator Ann Cummings has introduced S250, a Vermont bill to prohibit the cropping of dog’s ears. Violators would face a civil penalty of up to $3,000 for a first offense and, those who commit subsequent violations or who perform the procedure without anesthesia, would face criminal charges. The bill would not prohibit owning, showing, buying or selling a dog with cropped ears and licensed veterinarians would be permitted to perform
Popular Posts . . .
- Former Disney Animator Has Gone to the Dogs with Animal House Portraits
- What’s The Best Ways to Get Rid of Fleas?
- Why Do Dogs Sneeze?
- 5 Reasons Why the Puppy Mill Crisis Affects Us All, and How You Can Be Part of the Solution
- Slowing Down Your Dog at Mealtime & Why It Matters
- How Pet Owners Can Allergy-Proof Their Homes
- Getting to Know Your Pet from Head to Tail
- The Numerous Benefits of Pets & Therapy Animals in the Classroom