Time Magazine published an article written by Carl Zimmer that goes into remarkable detail about nonhuman friendship. Studies have shown that friendships among animals are indeed true and display sharing, grieving, sacrificing, forming bonds, and loyalty. It is quite interesting to learn the types of friendships that exist between chimpanzees, dolphins, hyenas, elephants, baboons and horses. The discoveries could change the assumptions we have about how nonhuman societies work and perhaps change how we think about our friendships.
Popular Posts . . .
- The Zen of Furry Friends: Finding the Pet That’s Right for You
- Is A Vegan Diet Safe For Dogs?
- 4 Benefits to Sleeping with Your Pet
- ADOPTAPALOOZA NEW YORK DEBUTS ON MAY 19 WITH EXPANDED OFFERINGS FOR THE ENTIRE FAMILY
- No-Pull Harnesses: Training Your German Shepherd Dog
- The Importance of Preventing Cruelty to Animals & What You Can Do to Help
- What Your Pet’s Sleeping Position Might Mean
- Senior Pets: How To Help Your Beloved Animal Thrive