Time Magazine published an article written by Carl Zimmer that goes into remarkable detail about nonhuman friendship. Studies have shown that friendships among animals are indeed true and display sharing, grieving, sacrificing, forming bonds, and loyalty. It is quite interesting to learn the types of friendships that exist between chimpanzees, dolphins, hyenas, elephants, baboons and horses. The discoveries could change the assumptions we have about how nonhuman societies work and perhaps change how we think about our friendships.
Popular Posts . . .
- How Pet Owners Can Allergy-Proof Their Homes
- Getting to Know Your Pet from Head to Tail
- The Numerous Benefits of Pets & Therapy Animals in the Classroom
- Why Pets Need Their Own Room in Your House
- How to Help a Choking Dog
- How to Feed Your German Shepherd Puppy
- Is Homeopathy Safe for Pets?
- The Zen of Furry Friends: Finding the Pet That’s Right for You