Time Magazine published an article written by Carl Zimmer that goes into remarkable detail about nonhuman friendship. Studies have shown that friendships among animals are indeed true and display sharing, grieving, sacrificing, forming bonds, and loyalty. It is quite interesting to learn the types of friendships that exist between chimpanzees, dolphins, hyenas, elephants, baboons and horses. The discoveries could change the assumptions we have about how nonhuman societies work and perhaps change how we think about our friendships.
Popular Posts . . .
- A Safe, Fun Day on the Beach with Your Dog
- 10 Things You Must Know About the Staffordshire Bull Terrier
- 8 Tips for Caring for Your Dog on a Tight Budget
- 5 Tips for Greeting a Strange Dog
- 4 Plants to Grow for Your Cats (and 10 to Avoid)
- Another Good Dog
- 10 Tips to Avoid Your Dog Being Poisoned
- What Should You Look For in a Pet Water Fountain?