Time Magazine published an article written by Carl Zimmer that goes into remarkable detail about nonhuman friendship. Studies have shown that friendships among animals are indeed true and display sharing, grieving, sacrificing, forming bonds, and loyalty. It is quite interesting to learn the types of friendships that exist between chimpanzees, dolphins, hyenas, elephants, baboons and horses. The discoveries could change the assumptions we have about how nonhuman societies work and perhaps change how we think about our friendships.
Popular Posts . . .
- Animallama: A Complete Grooming Routine For Your Bunny
- Considering the Cost of Pet Ownership
- Edible Enrichment For Hamsters
- Pet Fees: The Total Cost of Renting with Pets
- Flea Treatment for Puppies (An Infographic with Tips!)
- Training Your Dog to Enjoy a Hassle-Free Car Ride
- The 4 C’s of . . . Dog Poop
- Opening a Vet Clinic: 7 Tips to Help You Prepare