Time Magazine published an article written by Carl Zimmer that goes into remarkable detail about nonhuman friendship. Studies have shown that friendships among animals are indeed true and display sharing, grieving, sacrificing, forming bonds, and loyalty. It is quite interesting to learn the types of friendships that exist between chimpanzees, dolphins, hyenas, elephants, baboons and horses. The discoveries could change the assumptions we have about how nonhuman societies work and perhaps change how we think about our friendships.
Popular Posts . . .
- Saving Trigger
- Former Disney Animator Has Gone to the Dogs with Animal House Portraits
- What’s The Best Ways to Get Rid of Fleas?
- Why Do Dogs Sneeze?
- 5 Reasons Why the Puppy Mill Crisis Affects Us All, and How You Can Be Part of the Solution
- Slowing Down Your Dog at Mealtime & Why It Matters
- How Pet Owners Can Allergy-Proof Their Homes
- Getting to Know Your Pet from Head to Tail