Raleigh, NC, January 30, 2013 –(PR.com)– The North Carolina Veterinary Medical Association (www.ncvma.org) has announced the release of a podcast discussing the adoption and handling of rescue pets. Dr. Chessie Green, D.V.M., a veterinarian at Falls Village Veterinary Hospital in Raleigh and immediate past president of NCVMA, provides advice on proper adoption procedures and care of rescue pets. She discusses ways to ensure that new owners receive the correct medical history for their rescue pet, as well as what further medical steps an owner should take after adoption. In the podcast, Dr. Green identifies the major differences between adopting a rescue pet and buying one from a breeder. She includes explanations of psychological problems often faced by rescue pets and how owners can help pets overcome these challenges. The podcast is available to download.
Popular Posts . . .
- How To Effectively Train Your Kitten To Use The Litter Box
- Foods Your Dog Can (and Can NOT) Eat
- Car Safety – Should Dogs Buckle Up?
- Saving Trigger
- Former Disney Animator Has Gone to the Dogs with Animal House Portraits
- What’s The Best Ways to Get Rid of Fleas?
- Why Do Dogs Sneeze?
- 5 Reasons Why the Puppy Mill Crisis Affects Us All, and How You Can Be Part of the Solution