Raleigh, NC, January 30, 2013 –(PR.com)– The North Carolina Veterinary Medical Association (www.ncvma.org) has announced the release of a podcast discussing the adoption and handling of rescue pets. Dr. Chessie Green, D.V.M., a veterinarian at Falls Village Veterinary Hospital in Raleigh and immediate past president of NCVMA, provides advice on proper adoption procedures and care of rescue pets. She discusses ways to ensure that new owners receive the correct medical history for their rescue pet, as well as what further medical steps an owner should take after adoption. In the podcast, Dr. Green identifies the major differences between adopting a rescue pet and buying one from a breeder. She includes explanations of psychological problems often faced by rescue pets and how owners can help pets overcome these challenges. The podcast is available to download.
Popular Posts . . .
- A Safe, Fun Day on the Beach with Your Dog
- 10 Things You Must Know About the Staffordshire Bull Terrier
- 8 Tips for Caring for Your Dog on a Tight Budget
- 5 Tips for Greeting a Strange Dog
- 4 Plants to Grow for Your Cats (and 10 to Avoid)
- Another Good Dog
- 10 Tips to Avoid Your Dog Being Poisoned
- What Should You Look For in a Pet Water Fountain?