Raleigh, NC, January 30, 2013 –(PR.com)– The North Carolina Veterinary Medical Association (www.ncvma.org) has announced the release of a podcast discussing the adoption and handling of rescue pets. Dr. Chessie Green, D.V.M., a veterinarian at Falls Village Veterinary Hospital in Raleigh and immediate past president of NCVMA, provides advice on proper adoption procedures and care of rescue pets. She discusses ways to ensure that new owners receive the correct medical history for their rescue pet, as well as what further medical steps an owner should take after adoption. In the podcast, Dr. Green identifies the major differences between adopting a rescue pet and buying one from a breeder. She includes explanations of psychological problems often faced by rescue pets and how owners can help pets overcome these challenges. The podcast is available to download.
Popular Posts . . .
- Breeding Bearded Dragons
- Potty Training Your Dog With A Doggie Door
- Top Tips for Removing Dog Urine Smell from Carpet
- How to Keep a House Clean When You Own a Pet
- What Pests Can Dogs And Cats Pass To Each Other?
- Mindfull Pet Products
- How to Know If an Unusual Pet Is Right for You
- 10 Steps to Disease Prevention for Dogs