Time Magazine published an article written by Carl Zimmer that goes into remarkable detail about nonhuman friendship. Studies have shown that friendships among animals are indeed true and display sharing, grieving, sacrificing, forming bonds, and loyalty. It is quite interesting to learn the types of friendships that exist between chimpanzees, dolphins, hyenas, elephants, baboons and horses. The discoveries could change the assumptions we have about how nonhuman societies work and perhaps change how we think about our friendships.
Popular Posts . . .
- 7 Fun Facts About Siberian Huskies
- How to Prep Your Horses for Summer
- How to Tell If Your Dog Is Pregnant
- Dog Bites: Why They Happen and What to Do
- Keys to Protecting Your House from a New Puppy
- Treating Your Dog’s Separation Anxiety
- Spring Break with your Pup: Southern California
- Travel Blogging With Cats: A Guide