Considered to be one of the most powerful canine breeds, the Bullmastiff was the result of cross breeding English Mastiffs with Old English Bulldogs, and was originally bred to thwart the efforts of various poachers and immobilize them. However, today they are viewed as viable family pets. Additionally, the misconception is that Bullmastiffs are Britain’s oldest breed of canine when in reality it is the Mastiff that is older. For all practical purposes, the Bullmastiff is a relatively recent breed of dog.
Popular Posts . . .
- A Safe, Fun Day on the Beach with Your Dog
- 10 Things You Must Know About the Staffordshire Bull Terrier
- 8 Tips for Caring for Your Dog on a Tight Budget
- 5 Tips for Greeting a Strange Dog
- 4 Plants to Grow for Your Cats (and 10 to Avoid)
- Another Good Dog
- 10 Tips to Avoid Your Dog Being Poisoned
- What Should You Look For in a Pet Water Fountain?