Last year we published 15 Signs Your Dog Loves You just before Valentine’s Day, so we think it’s only fitting that this year we publish an article featuring 15 signs your cat loves you.
Who says your flawless feline can’t be your Valentine?! Let’s count 15 ways you can tell that your cat holds you in the highest regard . . . even when it doesn’t quite seem like they do!
- They tolerate your affection.
“Okay, that’s a bit awkward, but I really, really like you . . . so I’m gonna let this slide!”
- They (eerily) stare at you.
“I seeeeeeeee you! You can’t look away, you are mesmerized. And here comes my slow blink . . . wait for it!”
- They knead you.
“Hold still, I need to knead you because I want you to know how much I looove you!”
- They sit on your lap, er, ah, head.
“I am so lovable and cute that you will even let me sit on your head. You smell good. I might sit on your lap later, but I’m definitely going to sleep here, on your head.”
- They show you their belly.
“Ah, yes, you know you want to rub my belly! C’mon over.”
- They twitch the tip of the tail.
“The tip of my tail tells you I’m happy.”
- They headbutt you with “headbunts.”
“I swear, this skull-cracking headbunt means I care!”
- They “meow” to you.
“Meow, Rawr! Can you hear me now?!”
- They give you the “love bite.”
“What? It’s just a little nip!”
- They lick you.
“I will keep you clean, with my super sandpapery tongue, so you can pet me more.”
- They follow you around, everywhere. Or try to.
“What is this closed door nonsense? I know you are in there!”
- They get between you and whatever else you might be doing.
“What are you doing? And why are you doing it without me?!”
- They stalk you and spy on you.
“I am cubicle cat, and I see you are not at your desk working!”
- They give you presents.
“Look what I did! Ain’tcha proud?! What’s wrong, would you prefer something else?!”
- They let you live in the same house.
“Fine, if you must live here in order to perform your duties, I guess I can live with that.”