(Four $1,000 Runners Up Prizes Also Offered To Best TV Ads Promoting 2009AKC/Eukanuba National Championship; You Tube & Judges Panel To Determine Winners)
Get out your cell phones, video camera, film gear or DVD equipment and prepare to produce your first television commercial in a “dog-eat-dog” competition. A $5,000 first prize will be presented to the individual with the best/most popular TV ad promoting the 2009 AKC/Eukanuba National Championship to be held in Long Beach, Calif. December 12 & 13. The top five finalists (four $1,000 runners up prizes also will be awarded) will be honored and their commercials shown during the two-day event, which is expected to draw more than 25,000 attendees. No submissions by professionals will be accepted. To qualify, commercials must:
- Be no longer than 30 seconds in length
- Feature the name of the show (2009 AKC/Eukanuba National Championship)
- Furnish necessary details including show dates (Dec 12 & 13), location (Long Beach Convention and Entertainment Center) and ticket information (www.akc.org or Ticketmaster)
To be considered, your commercial must be titled, 2009 AKC Eukanuba Commercial Contest (title must be exact in order to qualify). Contenders are required to upload their entries onto You Tube and the five with the most “views” will become finalists. A panel of judges including top TV/commercial producers, commercial agents and advertising experts will choose the winning entry. (Contest organizers will be the sole interpreters of You Tube’s view counter and will not be held responsible for any fluctuations that may occur for any reason.) No animals (or humans) can be harmed in the making of your commercial. Violating any of these rules will result in disqualification.
The 2009 AKC/Eukanuba National Championship is a two-day event featuring 3,000 of the world’s finest canines going head to head in various competitions all in pursuit of the Best In Show championship. Dogs and their handlers will participate in a range of events including the AKC Agility Invitational, AKC National Obedience Invitational and the breed competitions that will lead to the crowning of the champ. Among the family-fun highlights:
- DOG SENSORY EXHIBIT – For the first time you will be able to see, smell and hear exactly like a dog at this multi-sensory exhibit;
- MASSIVE DOG MALL – More than 100 products including Swarovski embellished collars, leads and apparel (for dogs and humans); fine designer jewelry (for pets and humans); dog art and collectables; eco-friendly pet collars and accessories; bronze portrait sculptures; handmade dog clothing; and doggie treadmills will be among the items available for purchase at the world’s largest specially constructed “dog mall”;
- MEET THE BREEDS – You will be able to interact with more than 150 different pure breeds and learn about their personalities and temperaments, responsible dog ownership and which breeds best suit your lifestyle;
- LUXURY POOCH PALACE EXHIBIT – 10 luxury pooch palaces – each designed by a different local nonprofit organization – will be displayed;
- SUPER DOG COMPETITION – Watch Labradors, Collies and other breeds sail through the air into an indoor pool to see which one goes the farthest in this impressive competition;
- POLICE DOG DEMO – They track the scent of criminals, detect illicit drugs carefully hidden and assist in the apprehension of suspects and now these public servants will show off their skills;
- INTERACTIVE EXHIBITS – Test your knowledge of the world of dogs by participating in a game show competition much like the popular television hit, “Jeopardy;”
- CELEBRITY APPEARANCE – World-famous Olympic gold medalist Shawn Johnson, an avid dog-lover, will be on hand to greet the public, answer questions about dog ownership, sign autographs and take photos.
Interesting writeup. I was always a fan of the police dog demo’s – they always get me as the “wow I can’t believe dogs are trained to do that”. 🙂
.-= Rob´s last blog ..Find a Reliable Supplier of Pet Meds on the Internet =-.