Susan Marino who founded Angel’s Gate in 1993 has now been charged with 17 additional charges of cruelty to animals as well as a drug-related charge. The evidence gathered as a result of PETA’s undercover investigation was more than enough for the Delaware County, New York, District Attorney’s Office to file charges.
The special needs animals arrived at Angel’s Gate, which is a self-proclaimed hospice and rehabilitation center, with the promise to owners that their beloved animals will be taken care of and live out their days in peace, dignity and love. Instead of the promised treatment, animals were subject to the following……
- Animals suffered, sometimes for weeks, from treatable conditions as well as terminal illnesses without providing veterinary care, medication, or pain relief.
- Paralyzed animals dragged themselves until they developed bloody ulcers.
- Animals developed urine scald after being left in soaked diapers for up to two days.
- Dehydrated animals were denied water.
- Animals were forced to stay outside in freezing temperatures.
- Bodies of dead animals were left among those of the living for days.
- Animals were fed rancid, raw meat that had been left unrefrigerated.
- Animals wounded in fights that broke out daily because of stressful, crowded conditions were left untreated.
- Animals were confined to a bathtub, and in bathrooms.
- Paralyzed animals dragged themselves until they developed bleeding ulcers, even though wheelchair carts were readily available.
Although Marino has been charged, the animals at Angel’s Gate are still living in the hell she created. The helpless creatures have not yet been seized. We can help Angel’s Gate nonprofit status being revoked by sending a letter to the Attorney General. Your help is needed to make sure the animals are removed and stop Angel’s Gate from abusing future victims.
August 2010 we wrote about Angel’s Gate need for your help and support. We truly believed it was a great place where terminally ill and disabled pets could have a better quality of life and the special care needed. In May 2011 we asked that you suspend your involvement with Angle’s Gate until further notice. We felt Angel’s Gate did deserve the right not to be judged until the allegations were either proven or dismissed. It light of the charges that have been filed, we no longer believe in the merits of Angel’s Gate.
An abuser of children and animals deserves the harshest punishment imaginable! And what punishment should Susan Marino receive? Let us know what you think.