Who says your flawless feline can’t be your Valentine?! Let’s count 15 ways you can tell that your cat holds you in the highest regard . . . even when it doesn’t quite seem like they do!
- They tolerate your affection.
“Okay, that’s a bit awkward, but I really, really like you . . . so I’m gonna let this slide!”
- They (eerily) stare at you.
“I seeeeeeeee you! You can’t look away, you are mesmerized. And here comes my slow blink . . . wait for it!”
- They knead you.
“Hold still, I need to knead you because I want you to know how much I looove you!”
- They sit on your lap, er, ah, head.
“I am so lovable and cute that you will even let me sit on your head. You smell good. I might sit on your lap later, but I’m definitely going to sleep here, on your head.”
- They show you their belly.
“Ah, yes, you know you want to rub my belly! C’mon over.”
- They twitch the tip of the tail.
“The tip of my tail tells you I’m happy.”
- They headbutt you with “headbunts.”
“I swear, this skull-cracking headbunt means I care!”
- They “meow” to you.
“Meow, Rawr! Can you hear me now?!”
- They give you the “love bite.”
“What? It’s just a little nip!”
- They lick you.
“I will keep you clean, with my super sandpapery tongue, so you can pet me more.”
- They follow you around, everywhere. Or try to.
“What is this closed door nonsense? I know you are in there!”
- They get between you and whatever else you might be doing.
“What are you doing? And why are you doing it without me?!”
- They stalk you and spy on you.
“I am cubicle cat, and I see you are not at your desk working!”
- They give you presents.
“Look what I did! Ain’tcha proud?! What’s wrong, would you prefer something else?!”
- They let you live in the same house.
“Fine, if you must live here in order to perform your duties, I guess I can live with that.”